On the day of your party, your pre-party planning should be all but finished – it’s time to relax and patiently wait for your guests to arrive! You should be stress free at this point, provided you followed the tips from our previous blog post (Reducing Pre-Party Stress).
However, we know that life can get busy no matter how much you plan ahead, and sometimes the day of your party can creep up on you. So for everyone working down to the wire, here are a few things to make sure you check off the list before your doorbell rings:
- Finish any last minute cooking and/or errands, well before the party starts. There won’t be time to run out to the store later on!
- Make sure your table is set ahead of time. This will help ensure that there are enough plates, napkins, cutlery and cups to go around.
- Confirm that you have enough chairs for each guest – everyone should be able to sit comfortably!
- Have your playlist ready to “rock and roll” for when your guests arrive!
- Make sure you are dressed and ready at least 20-25 minutes prior to when the party starts. There are always a few guests who arrive earlier than expected.
- You’ve worked hard – remember to relax and enjoy the party!